Student Consumer Information
The United States Department of Education requires colleges and universities that administer federal Title IV funds to disclose certain information to prospective and enrolled students, parents and employees. The following information is provided in compliance with federal law.
GENERAL INSTITUTIONAL INFORMATION
- Admissions Policy
- Cost of attending
- Cost calculator
- Diversity of student body - Each year the institutional research office publishes information on the diversity of the student body in the enrollment section of its fact book.
- Refund policies - EMU refund policies are published in student catalogs and handbooks. See Refund and Withdrawal Policy- Undergraduate and Refund and Withdrawal Policy-Graduate and Seminary.
- Office of Academic Access - Services and facilities for students with disabilities are described in student handbooks.
- Vaccination policies
- Voter Registration
- Web Privacy Notice Policy
- Withdrawal procedures - EMU withdrawal policies are published in student catalogs and handbooks. See Refund and Withdrawal Policy- Undergraduate and Refund and Withdrawal Policy-Graduate and Seminary.
ACADEMIC PROGRAMS AND POLICIES
- Academic programs, facilities, and instructional personnel - Information on the university's faculty, academic programs and facilities is included in each of the university's catalogs.
- Copyright and peer-to-peer file sharing issues - Policies for students pertaining to copyright, peer-to-peer file sharing and other aspects of technology are published in the Information Systems Policies document. All students who are granted accounts to any EMU technology system(s) must read and periodically agree to the Technology Code of Responsibility for Students Technology Code of Responsibility for Students.
- Career Placement Services
- Course schedule information - Course schedule information is published for students via the Academics section of the MyEMU student portal (login required).
- Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA)
- Placement rates - Outcome data, including job placement and licensure examination pass rates are published by the institutional research office in the outcomes section of its fact book.
- Professional Licensure Disclosure Information
- Retention rate reported to IPEDS - The institutional research office publishes data on a variety of outcomes (including retention rates) in the outcomes section of its fact book. Additionally, retention rates are reported to the U.S. Department of Education and available on EMU's page in the department's College Navigator website.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Teacher Preparation Program Report
- Transfer credit policies
GRADUATION/COMPLETION RATES AND ATHLETIC INFORMATION
- Athletic Program participation and Financial Support (EADA) - EMU publishes its Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act report to make prospective students aware of its commitment to providing equitable athletic opportunities for its men and women students.
- Graduation rates for general student body - The institutional research office publishes data on a variety of outcomes (including graduation rates) in the outcomes section of its fact book.
- Contact Information for Assistance with Financial Aid Information
- Code of conduct
- Entrance and exit counseling-Title IV loan programs
- Federal Direct Loans
- Federal Student Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
- Institutional Refund Policy
- Loan Information Sheet
- National Student Loan Data System
- Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
- Private education loans
- Return of Title IV funds requirements
- Rights and responsibilities of financial aid recipients
- State grant assistance
- Student Aid on the Web
- Crime Report and fire log
- Drug and alcohol abuse prevention - Resources for drug and alcohol abuse prevention are outlined in the Alcohol, Tobacco, and Illegal Drug Policy.
- Crisis and emergency procedures and notification
- Information for crime victims - The university's Relationship Violence and Sexual Misconduct Policy outlines victims rights information.
- Missing Student Protocol (Clery Act 2008)
- Penalties for drug violations - EMU's Alcohol, Tobacco, and Illegal Drug Policy outlines student penalties for drug violations, which are also part of the university's Standards of Conduct: Information and Policies-Undergraduate and Standards of Conduct: Information and Policies - Graduate and Professional Studies documents.
- Security and fire safety report