Degree: Master of Arts
Semester Hours: 35
Program may be completed fully online
This two-year, 35-semester hour, cohort-based MAOL program is designed for adults who have already been working in mid-level management or higher for at least two years and who already possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited school.
- OLS 510 Leadership & Management for the Common Good (3 SH)
- OLS 515 Introduction to Leadership Studies (3 SH)
- OLS 530 Organizational Behavior (3 SH)
- OLS 540 Managerial Finance and Accounting I (3 SH)
- OLS 560 Leadership Seminar (3 SH)
- PAX 615 Leading Organizational Change (3 SH)
- OLS 670 Project Management/Intrapreneurship OR OLS 665: Project Management/Grant Writing (3 SH)
- MOL 541 Mentorship Program I (1 SH)
- MOL 600 Developing Healthy Organizations: Team Building & Collaboration (3 SH)
- MOL 620 Transformative Leadership in Dynamic Contexts (3 SH)
- MOL 542 Mentorship Program II (1 SH)
- MOL 680 Appalachian Cross-Cultural Experience (3 SH)
- An elective (3 SH)
Transfer Credit Policy
Candidates may request to transfer up to nine hours of coursework from other regionally accredited colleges or universities. A transfer of credit request form must be completed. Requests for transfer credit approval may be directed to the program director and will be considered on a course by course basis as applicable to the particular concentration area. A candidate must submit an official transcript from the university that awarded the graduate credit.
All transfer credit must meet the following criteria:
- The coursework was completed within five years of admission to the EMU program.
- The credit must reflect applicability to EMU’s MAOL goals and program purposes.
- All transfer work must have a grade of A or B from a regionally accredited college or university.
Transfer of credits completed at EMU to another institution is at the discretion of that institution. Candidates should check with the institution to which they wish to transfer regarding the transferability of EMU credits.