By setting your password, you agree to abide by the Technology Code of Responsibility found at Information Systems Policies
- I know my current password and it has not yet expired
- I want to change it to something new
- I was given a temporary password on my Royal Passport and I need to use it to set my own password
- I don't know my password and need to set a new one
- My password expired and I can't log in to change it
- I've never had a Royal Password
- My Royal Passport instructs me to set one
MFA with Microsoft Authenticator App
All EMU students, faculty, and staff are required to perform multi-factor authentication when signing into EMU services.
If you are switching phones or are reinstalling the authenticator app on your current phone, follow these instructions.
EMU Password Policy
- A minimum of 8 characters
- Cannot contain parts of your name or username
- Requires three out of four of the following:
- Lowercase characters.
- Uppercase characters.
- Numbers (0-9).
Update my account recovery methods
Keep your backup authentication methods up to date in order to assist with recovering your account in the future. These options are only available if you currently have access to your account.