- Download FortiClient for via this link - WindowsFortiClientSetup_6.0.9.0277_x64.exe
- Once download has completed install the FortiClient Client.
- Make sure the "Secure Remote Access" box is checked when installing.
- Open FortiClient and click on "Remote Access" from the menu to the left.
- Click on "Configure VPN" link to the right.
- Enter the following information to configure the VPN settings
Enter your EMU username and password and click “Connect”.
- Connection Name: EMU VPN
- Remote Gateway: vpn-new.emu.edu
- Click “Save”
Accessing files over VPN
EMU-owned computers running Windows may remember your network drives from a previous connection after connecting to the VPN. If you are missing network drives, follow the instructions below to map them. Accessing network drives from a non-EMU owned computer will also require the following steps:
- Download the Windows drive mapping script.
- Double click the script to run it.
- Enter your Royal username and password, click "ok". When the password prompt disappears your network drives will be available.