Application Timeline We begin reviewing applications for fall in February and March of the calendar year for which you are applying. Notifications of early acceptance or rejection will be sent in March by mail.Timeline
Applications are accepted at any time, but should be submitted by June 30 for a fall entry into the program. Students can start the program in any semester of the academic year.
Healthcare Management graduate program entrance is based on:
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a minimal undergraduate grade point average of 2.50
- Prerequisite undergraduate courses:
- One natural science course (biology, chemistry, or physics) OR
- One social science courses(sociology or psychology) AND
- One college mathematics course
- Minimum of 2080 hours (equivalent of one year full-time) of work experience.
- Preferred - Work experiences in healthcare settings or alternative work experiences, such as a business-related undergraduate degree or other graduate degrees or studies.
- For non-native English speakers, a TOEFL score of at least 550 (paper based) or equivalent is required.
- The MHM admissions committee will evaluate student applications and make recommendations for admissions.
Admission application procedure
- Complete and submit the online application with the $50 application fee (non-refundable), also payable online.
- Request official transcripts (not student copies) from each college or university you have attended. The official transcripts should be sent to Eastern Mennonite University’s Master’s in Healthcare Management program (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Secure two letters of recommendation: one A completed MHM online application that includes an essay as described in the application that focuses on goals and motivations for obtaining a master’s degree.
- A nonrefundable $50 application fee also payable online.
- Two references submitted online after forms sent to references:
- One from a professor from your most recent academic program
- One from a work supervisor
- If an academic reference is unable to be obtained, applicants may utilize a colleague if you have been employed with them for the last five years.