- Complete the application and submit a resume or curriculum vitae. Both must be submitted for your application to be complete.
- Pay the application fee of $50 (U.S.) which can be paid online through CASHNet (International payments can be made using Flywire.) Cash and check are also accepted.
- Arrange for official transcripts from each college or university attended to be emailed directly to EMU.
- Include three references in your admissions application: one academic, one professional, and one character. Only two letters are required when applying for a graduate certificate. The references should email their References will be emailed a reference form directly to email@example.com or mailed to the Center for Justice & Peacebuilding, 1200 Park Rd., Harrisonburg, VA 22802, USA. upon application submission. References will be able to submit their reference form directly through the form. Only reference forms received directly from the references will be accepted.
In addition to the above requirements, international students will need to:
- Submit a scanned copy of your passport ID page with your application.
- For Prior to application review, applicants whose native language is not English, submit scores for either the TOEFL, IELTS, or IELTS Duolingo test. CJP requires a 79-80 on the internet-based TOEFL or its equivalent and , a 6.5-7.0 on the IELTS, or a 104 on the Duolingo. (Institutional code: 5181)
- Submit After acceptance, submit a financial certificate demonstrating the student’s ability to pay. This document is pay and a scanned copy of your passport ID page.
- These two documents are required after admission in order for the program to issue a student visa application (I-20 form). Our recruitment specialist will contact you with more details about applying for a visa after you have been accepted into CJP.
Because the program works with many international students, the admissions committee assesses applicants’ preparedness and fit with the program through transcripts, letters of recommendation, and the essay. (An arts-based option may be accepted in lieu of the essay. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.)
Submission of GRE scores is neither required nor recommended.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Applicants who apply for admission after February 15 will not have access to internal scholarshipsScholarships are awarded at the time of admission review/acceptance. If you would like to apply for a scholarship, please submit your admission and scholarship applications by February 15 complete the scholarship essay option, which is included as part of the admission application as soon as possible in order to have that scholarship applied to the next academic year. Our academic year runs from August to June. The initial admission review begins March 1 for the following academic year and is rolling until the beginning of a semester.