Completed applications for admission into the teacher education graduate program are reviewed regularly throughout the year.
Application To Master of Arts In Education
The Teacher Education Admissions Committee (TEAC) makes admissions decisions and annually reviews admissions policies. A completed application for degree or licensure/endorsement areas includes the following:
- Passport copy and proof of existing status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (visa that permits residence and study, or Green Card).
- For applicants whose native language is not English, one of three conditions may be used to satisfy English proficiency.
- Test scores for either the TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo test. Minimum score requirements are: 550 on the paper-based or 80 on the internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); a 6,5-7.0 on the IELTS, or a 104 on the Duolingo. (EMU’s institutional code is 5181.)
- A written recommendation from qualified personnel from EMU’s Intensive English Program.
- Evidence that the applicant studied and received a degree from a college or university where degree instruction was in English.
Application to Graduate Certificate Programs
- A completed application to the graduate teacher education program with a nonrefundable application fee of $50.00.
- Official transcripts from the college or university attended for highest degree earned with evidence of degree conferred.
- A personal interview with the director of the graduate teacher education program or, in the case of a school cohort participant, recommendation of district administrator.
- Evidence of one year of licensed teaching in a public or private school setting (preferred), or evidence of one year of successful work with youth in a public or private school setting pursuant to employment with a non-school entity (e.g., a non-profit organization). Applicants who seek admission without meeting this criteria must provide a written explanation of their relevant experience, rationale for seeking admission, and their relevant post-program goals for consideration by the TEAC. (This does not automatically satisfy requirement #4.)
For All Education Applicants
Only completed applications will be considered by the Teacher Education Admissions Committee.