Admission Criteria and Application Process
- Earned a Master of Science Master’s in Nursing from a CCNE- or NLNAC-accredited program or any master’s in a business/health-related degree (e.g. MPH, MBA, MHA) from a regionally accredited school, with a cumulative GPA GPA of 3.3 or higher
- If the applicant’s bachelor’s degree is not in nursing, the master’s degree must be in nursing.
- If the Master’s degree is not in Nursing, the Co-Directors will review the applicant’s transcripts and professional experience for evidence of meeting the MSN Essentials.
- Non-MSN applicants must be working in the field of nursing/healthcare (either directly or indirectly).
- The program will be longer than 33 credits if the master’s degree is not in nursing.
- Provide documentation of post-baccalaureate supervised practice hours from an accredited MSN program. If there are fewer than 400 supervised practice hours, the DNP program will be tailored to achieve the required 1,000 hours of post-baccalaureate supervised practice.
- Evidence of an unencumbered RN license in the state of practice
- Evidence of currency in nursing practice
- Interview with program co-directors director via video conference
A required residency will be held each year in September or October. At this time the residency will be conducted virtually.