- Seminary MDiv degree requires 81 SH, 50 SH core requirements and 31 SH of Ministry Track electives.
- MACT has 45 SH, 27 SH are core requirements (based on a 6 SH practicum) and 18 SH for electives.
For a Dual Degree MDiv/MACT (total of 103 SH): In light of the Association of Theological Studies policy on “shared credit in degree programs,” we are allowing up to 11 SH to be reduced from the current MDiv requirements and the MA in Conflict Transformation is allowing up to 12 SH to be reduced from the MACT for a dual degree. This is a reduction of 23 SH from the current combined degrees. A student would be free to take additional electives in either program. Each program currently specifies the core required courses for their respective degree programs (noted in the current catalogs).
Seminary Core Curriculum (43 credits)
- FS 501/502 Formation in God’s Story I and II (6 SH)
- BVOT 511 Old Testament: Text in Context (3 SH)
- BVNT 512 New Testament: Text in Context (3 SH)
- CTH 501/512 Christian Tradition I and II (6 SH)
- FS 701/702 Formation in Missional Leadership I & 11 (4 SH)
- CTT 634 Living Theology (3 SH)
- CM 643 Missio Dei in Cultural Context (3 SH)
- CTE 702 Christian Ethics (3 SH)
- 12 hours of Biblical studies (12 SH)
For the MDiv, several integrative courses as designated electives (8-9 SH).
- CM 631 Churches and Social Transformation (3 SH)
- CTE 640 Topics in Ethics (3 SH)
- Anabaptist Studies course or CM 670 United Methodist Studies I (3 SH)
Additional MDIV electives (18 SH), including
- at least one SMCL course and one CM course.
- PAX 534 and PAX 634 Foundations for Peacebuilding 1 and 2 (12 SH)
- PAX 535 Research Methods for Social Change (3 SH)
- PAX 682 Practicum (6-9 SH)
- PAX 571 Restorative Justice: Principles, Theories & Applications (3 SH)
- PAX 676 Restorative Justice Practices (3 SH)
- PAX 677 Restorative Justice and Whole System Approaches (3 SH)