- Download FortiClient for via this link - FortiClient_184.108.40.206_macosx.dmg
- Once download is complete install the FortiClient Client.
- You may get a warning about opening a file downloaded from the internet. Click "Open" to continue installation.
- After installation has completed open FortiClient
- Click on the FortiClient icon at the top right that looks like a shield and select "Open FortiClient Console".
- Check the checkbox and click “I accept”
- In the window that opens select "Remote Access" on the left and then click on “Configure VPN” to the right
- Enter the following information to configure the VPN settings
- To connect enter you EMU username and password and click “Connect”.
NOTE: To connect to the VPN you must be off campus or not connected to the EMU network.
Accessing files over VPN
EMU-owned computers running Mac OS X should have shortcuts on the desktop. If they are not available or you are using a non-EMU owned computer use the following instructions:
- Download the mapping scripts here: EMU Network Drives_Mac OSX.zip
- Double click the downloaded zip file to extract the scripts.
- On the latest Mac OSX operating systems apple doesn't allow these scripts to run as they are from an unidentified developer. If you get a warning like
“() Drive” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer" or "The file is damaged" complete steps i - iv.
- Open the Terminal Application.
- The the following command and hit enter: sudo spctl --master-disable
- Enter your computer admin password and hit enter (note: your password characters will be invisible)
- Now Proceed to step d but open all of them. Once each has been opened once, use terminal again to run this command: sudo spctl --master-enable. Your computer will now be ok with running the drive mapping scripts.
- Double click the script corresponding to the drive you want to access:
- Home (P)
- Department (G) - will list all departmental drives you have access to.
- Shared FacStaff (Z)
- Classdata (V)
- Enter your Royal username and password if prompted