Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
First: iPhone users only
- Download the Google app and open.
- Sign in when prompted.
- Once signed in, tap YES I'M IN.
- Choose whether or not to allow Google to access your location. Your selection does not affect 2-Step Verification.
- Choose whether or not to receive notifications from the Google app.
Second: iPhone & Android
- On your computer, click the Google account button in the top right corner of the window (the circle with either your picture or your first initial) and click My Account.
- Under Sign-in & security, click Signing in to Google.
- Click 2-Step Verification and enter your password when prompted.
- Under Google Prompt, click Add Phone, and then click Get Started.
- Your phone should be listed. If you have multiple phones setup, select the phone on which you installed the Google app. Click Next.
- On your phone, the Google app asks if you are trying to sign in.
- Go to the Google app on your phone and tap Yes.
- On your computer, the sign in completes. Click Done.
- Google prompt will be set as your default second step.
Things to Remember:
- Once setup, Google Prompt is your second step.
- If you setup Google Prompt, you will not be able to use a security key as your second step.