Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- Click the Google account button in the top right corner of the window (the circle with either your picture or your first initial) and click My Account.
- Under Sign-in & security, click Signing in to Google.
- Under Signing in to Google, click 2-Step Verification.
- Enter your password and click Sign in. If you are prompted for 2-Step Verification, follow the on screen prompts and enter the verification code.
- Under Backup codes, click Set up.
- A window will pop-up with 10 backup codes. Click Print to print them, and then store them in a private but convenient location. Do not store them where others could find them.
Things to remember:
- Backup codes can only be used once.
- If you lose your backup codes you can view them by going to the 2-Step Verification page and click Show Codes.
- If you use all of your backup codes, you can generate a new set.