Degree: Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Semester Hours: 43 SH + 32 EMU Core Requirements
Advisor: Lisa Sauder
Program may be completed fully online
The RN to BSN program is offered in a hybrid or fully online format.
The RN to BSN program is designed to fit the lives of nurses who are busy with professional and/or family commitments. The accelerated program is tailored for a mature, interactive learning style. Students are admitted as part of a cohort learning community allowing them to form close relationships with the same group of peers throughout the entire series of courses. The program capitalizes on the skills and knowledge of the experienced nurse.
To be considered for admission to the RN to BSN program, a student must satisfy the following requirements:
- A minimum of 60 SH of transferable credits from accredited colleges or universities (waived for diploma nurses).
- A cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above.
- Current employment or involvement with an organization which enhances the learning outcomes of the program.
- Current state licensure as an RN
EMU Core Requirements (32 SH)
- Anabaptist Biblical Perspectives (included in cohort curriculum) - 3
- College Writing (prerequisite for NRSL 341 Professional Nurse) - 3
- Speech - 2
- Writing Intensive Designates (included in cohort program) - 2 courses
- Cultural Perspectives (included in cohort curriculum) - 3
- Global Trends in Health (included in cohort curriculum) - 3
- Statistics (prerequisite for NRSL 405 Evidence-Based Practice) - 3
- Natural Sciences - 3
- Social and Behavioral Sciences - 3
- Creative Arts - 3
- History or Literature - 3
- Senior Seminar (included in cohort curriculum) - 3
Required Cohort Courses (43 SH)
- NRSL 325 Art and Science of Effective Communication - 3 Details
- NRSL 320 Transitions in Professional Nursing Practice - 3 Details
- NRSL 341 Professional Nurse - 4 Details
- CCSCL 440 Cultural Perspectives - 3 Details
- NRSL 350 Health Care Policy - 4 Details
- NRSL 461 Family Health - 4 Details
- NRSL 410 Community Health - 4 Details
- SRSML 450 Issues and Values - 3 Details
- CCUSL 310 Global Trends in Health - 3 Details
- NRSL 450 Evidence Based Practice with Capstone - 6 Details
- NRSL 420 Principles of Nursing Management and Leadership - 3 Details
- BISTL 390 Biblical Perspectives - 3 Details
A 2 or 3 SH health assessment course with a head-to-toe assessment is required for graduation. An option for auditing the health assessment course is available if a transferred course did not include a head-to-toe assessment.
11 SH in sciences of the human organism are required.